About the WTO
The 2010 WTO Annual Report provides a brief summary of the organization and a detailed review of its activities in 2009. It also includes a personal message from the Director-General, who reflects on the events of 2009, the impact of the financial crisis and the challenges that lie ahead.Published June 2010 | 124 pages | 297 x 210 mm | Weight: 0.500 kg
The main part of the Report is divided into the five principal areas of activity of the WTO:
• trade negotiations ─ outlining the latest developments in the Doha Round
• implementation and monitoring ─ describing how WTO agreements are being implemented and the organisation's trade monitoring role
• dispute settlement ─ summarizing the commercial disputes brought by WTO members to the WTO's Dispute Settlement Body in 2009
• building trade capacity ─ outlining the WTO's efforts to help developing countries improve their trade capacity
• outreach ─ detailing how the WTO maintains dialogue with a variety of audiences.
The Report also features an in-depth look at the WTO's Ministerial Conference, which took place in November/December 2009, the Second Global Review of Aid for Trade, which was held at WTO headquarters in July 2009, and the WTO's first-ever Open Day in September 2009. The Report ends with a description of the WTO Secretariat and its budget.